Tuesday, June 26, 2012

weight loss

I promised and now I will tell.  I have been working really hard to lose weight, but the last 4 months were really tough.  It was up and down every week.  One week I would lose 2 pounds, then next week I would gain 2 pounds.  I flirted with the same 5 pounds for 4 months!  And it wasn't because I had his a plateau, rather I was sabotaging myself.

I have had an addiction to food, specifically sweets and desserts for as long as I can remember.  When someone says they have a sweet tooth, I have sweet teeth.  Forget one tooth, it's my whole mouth.  So that makes weight loss very difficult for me.  I also have other health issues that make it 3x more difficult than a normal person to lose.  But back to the sweets.  There isn't anything that is too sweet.  I could easily eat half a cake pan of cake in one sitting if I wanted to.  Not that I did.  But I could.  Cookie dough is another favorite.  Anyhow, back to weight loss.

I have been eating healthy, focusing on my Good Health Guidelines and exercising.  I drink lots of water and eats lots of fruits and veggies.  But I also allow myself to have the occasional sweets, in moderation of course.  Now I find myself getting fuller faster and taking much smaller portion sizes.  Even my own kids are asking questions about what is good for them and what is not.

So as of today, I am very proud to say that I have lost a total of 35 pounds!  I am down at least 3 sizes in jeans/Capri's and down 1-2 sizes in t-shirts.  Even my swimsuit from last year (which I only wore 2 times) is 3 sizes bigger.  I feel great.  My self-esteem is much more positive and I don't hate shopping anymore!  I used to buy clothes that fit...not so much on if they were cute, but if I was lucky enough to find clothes that fit.  Now when I go shopping, I can try on many clothes and look in the mirror and buy clothes that I like that make me feel good, or clothes that I don't like, even if they fit!  What a feeling!

I still have a long ways to go, but man oh man, I'm on a roll and loving this!  I love being active and knowing that I'm fueling my body with healthy foods.  :)

No comments: